Changes to AV Shield 2017-18
28 Sep 2017
- Instead of the four zones each having their own venue, the 2017-18 season will see only two (2) venues operating each week, with one venue hosting program 1 and one hosting program 2.
- Athletes from all metro zones and country regions will be able to choose which venue they attend and still be eligible to score points.
- Online entry will still be offered this season before each round of competition. Entries will close three days prior to competition at midday before each round.
- Athletes who do not pre-enter can still enter on the day at the venue, however this will be based on availability and on a first come first serve basis.
- On the day of competition, athletes will be asked to check-in for ALL events at the registration desk no later than one hour (60 minutes) before their events start time featured on the timetable of events.
- Check-in will open 90 mins before the first timetabled event on the program.
- Athletes who do not check-in for track events will be asked to compete in a later heat.
- Athletes who do not check-in for field events will be removed from the card and the available space offered to another athlete.
- Athletes competing in laned events will be seeded on performance and will no longer need to report in to the administration tent after their event as a race result will be captured by Photo Finish.
- Athletes competing in circular events will be seeded based on performance and will still need to report in to the tent following their event to capture results.